To mark the 400th Anniversary of the famous Lancashire Pendle Witch Trials of 1612 This 2 day car tour discovers the picturesque and historical locations around Pendle Hill associated with the Pendle witches. It looks at their story and accusations and follows their journey from Pendle Forest to their trial at Lancaster Castle, via the lovely scenery of the ancient Forest and Trough of Bowland.
A travel guide book with a difference which gives a well planned 2 day, 2 location tour (by car) through the lovely scenery of the Forest and Trough of Bowland. This illustrated ebook gives directions, maps, location information & travel tips.
This tour takes the reader through the story of the Pendle Witches and the events leading up to their trial. It visits locations in Pendle associated with them, before taking the reader/traveller on the journey that the witches took from the Forest of Pendle to their trial in Lancaster Castle.
As well as following the witches story the guide also gives details of other interesting attractions in and nearby the locations visited, which the reader may also wish to visit whilst in the area.
Are you looking for a new kind of travel/guide book? Or perhaps you are planning a first trip to Britain, and are looking for a short tour guide which will give you a taste of what Britain has to offer, outside of London? Perhaps one which gives:
• A well planned 2 day multiple location tour in Lancashire, which you can customise and enjoy at your own pace.
• Detailed information on how to organise your own weekend jaunt (travel, accommodation, visitor attractions, location history and information, etc.)
• Tips on how to keep costs down whist away and website addresses to visit to obtain best value for money deals and promotions.
• Some tour destinations and attractions which are a little different to those normally on offer, some of which are “off the beaten track” and are not covered in other guides
• Gives daily itinerary’s to maximise the time spent in each location which you can follow, or tailor to suit yourself.
• Has maps, pictures and information on locations and attractions (including address, opening times, web address, how to get there, history &/or other pertinent information)
• All the information required in one book rather than having to purchase and carry, several city /town different guides whilst on your Weekend Jaunt